70. How Do I Prevent The Search Companion
From Starting When I Click A Folder
On occasions you may click on a folder and,
instead of the folder opening, the search companion
opens instead. To rectify the problem proceed as
Please Note: To rectify the
problem you will need to edit the registry,
therefore, before you proceed, you should ensure
that you have backed up the registry (see
62. How do I backup the Registry in Windows XP ).
- Click the Start button.
- From the Start Menu click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type: regedit.
- The registry editor window will open.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Right Click on the
Default value and select Modify
from the drop down menu.
- In the Value Data box
type: 'none' (without the
quotes) and click OK.
- Finally Exit the