62. How Do I Backup The Registry In Windows
For safety reasons it is always advisable to
backup the Windows Registry before you start editing
it. While there are numerous third party application
that will do this for you, i.e., ERUNT, you can just
as easily backup the registry using Windows XP.
- Click Start button.
- From the menu click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type: regedit
- The Windows registry Editor will now open.
- Click the File option on
the main toolbar and, from the drop down menu,
- In the Export Registry File dialog box
- Now name the file.
- Finally click the Save
- To return the registry back
to its original state should something go wrong
simply click on the File option
on the main registry editor toolbar and then