40. How Do I Keep My Internet Connection
Open When Switching Users
By default using fast user switching to change
users on XP prompts the user to disconnect their
Internet or remote access connection. To maintain
the connection, enabling all users to use the
internet connection, requires a slight tweak of the
WARNING: Before editing the
registry be sure to make a back up copy. To do this
see the following link:
How Do I Backup The Registry in Windows XP
- Click Start.
- From the Star Menu Click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type: Regedit
- The registry editor will now open.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY
- In the right hand pane of Winlogon
Right Click anywhere in the empty
- From the drop down menu select, New.
- Next select, String value.
- Give this new value a name such as :
- Double click on the new value
name and in the Value data
field type: 1 (one).
- Finally Exit the registry