91. How Do I Hide The Drives On My PC
If you have numerous people using your pc you may
only want them to have access to applications rather
than be able to see the content of all available
drives. To hide drives proceed as follows:
Before making any changes to the registry it is
recommended that you make a backup copy of your
62. How do I backup the Registry in Windows XP ).
- Click the Start button.
- From the Start menu click Run.
- In the Run dialogue box type: regedit
and press OK.
- The Registry Editor Window will now open.
- Navigate to the following Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Right click on Explorer and, from the drop down menu,
click on DWORD value.
- A new value box will appear in the right pane.
Rename this value: NoDrives.
- Right click on the new
NoDrives option and select
Modify from the drop down menu.
- In the Modify value box type
the following value: 67108863 and
then press OK.
- Finally Exit from the Windows