60. How Do I Delete Search Records From The
Although the MSN toolbar search facility is good
there is no quick and easy way of deleting all those
search criteria's that you have typed in over a
period of time. One way of removing these search
entries is to edit the registry.
Before making any changes to the registry it is
recommended that you make a backup copy of your
registry either from within the registry Editor (see
62. How do I backup the Registry in Windows XP )
- Click Start button.
- From the Start menu click Run.
- In the Run dialog type: Regedit
- When the Windows registry opens navigate to
- Look down the list of items on the right of
the pane until you come to Search String.
- Right click on Search String
and select Modify from the
drop down menu.
- The Modify Multi String window will now open.
- All the search criteria in this window should
- To Delete the contents press
the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Next press OK to Exit the
- Finally Exit Windows
- The next time you open Internet explorer the MSN Toolbar Search
dialog box will be empty.