29. How Do I Delete Files from My Temporary
Internet File Folder
There are a number of ways of deleting temporary internet files, with the easiest, possibly
being, the disk cleanup option available from the
system tools menu. Alternatively it is possible to
manually delete the files as follows.
- To begin with you need to make sure that
Show hidden Files and Folders is
enabled. This is because the temporary Internet File
Folder is a Hidden Folder - See
11. How do I Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Now open Windows Explorer.
- In the left hand pane of the
Windows Explorer window click the plus sign
next to My Computer.
- This will expand the menu.
- Next click the plus sign
next to the Local Disk (C) option.
- Once again the menu will expand.
- Do the same with the Documents and
Settings to expand that menu.
- Within the Documents and Settings
menu list you will see a folder that
contains Your Name.
- Click on the plus sign next
to this to expand the menu.
- Finally click the plus sign
next to the Local Settings option.
- The Temporary Internet File Folder is situated at the
bottom of this menu.
- Click on Temporary Internet File
and then manually Delete all files
within the folder.