11. How Do I Enable Show Hidden Files And
For security reasons not all of the Windows files are readily visible. The
main reason for this is because it is so easy to
delete a file that Windows actually needs that it is
far easier to hide the file to prevent this from
happening. If you need to see these hidden files
you should proceed as follows:
- Click the Start Button.
- In the Start menu click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel Window click the
Folder Options Icon.
- The folder Options Window will now Open.
- Click the View Tab.
- In the view tab window look down the list for
a section marked Hidden Files and Folders.
- Enable the option Show Hidden Files
and Folders by left clicking the
radio button on the left of the option with
- Press the Apply button.
- On the next screen press OK
- You should now be able to view the hidden
files and folders.