80. How Do I Unblock Images In Outlook
After installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
and downloading emails into Outlook Express, you
will find that no images are downloaded with the
email. Only the placeholders are shown. This is a
security feature that can prevent the person sending
the email (usually a company) from knowing that you
have opened the mail. To change this option so that
images are downloaded with all your mail do the
- Launch Outlook Express.
- On the main Toolbar click the Tools
- From the drop down menu that appears click
- The Options Window will now open.
- Click the Security tab.
- On the Security tab screen look for the
section marked 'Download images'.
- Now uncheck the 'Block images and
other external content in HTML email'.
- Finally click Apply
followed by OK to exit.
- The next time you download your email the
images should all be in place.