17. How Do I Stop Windows Messenger From
To prevent Windows Messenger from auto starting
you need to enter the registry and make a few
alterations. Making mistakes in the registry can
cause problems, therefore, be sure to backup your
registry before attempting to make any alterations.
- Click the Start button.
- Next click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type: regedit
- The registry editor window will open.
- Click on the plus sign to
the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER
to expand the selection.
- From the drop down list click on the plus
sign to expand the following folders:
- At this point, if you look at the right of
the screen, you will see a list of items.
- Right click on the MSMSGS
Option and from the drop down list that appears
- Finally Close the registry