114. How Do I Run System Restore From The
Safe Mode Command Prompt
System restore is extremely handy when things go
wrong. However, there are occasions when trying to
restore the system from within Windows fails and you
may have to resort to trying to recover your system
using System restore from the safe Mode
To start system restore from the safe mode
command prompt proceed as follows:
- Boot your PC.
- During the boot sequence constantly tap the
F8 key on your keyboard.
- If all goes well a type written menu will
- From this menu select the Safe Mode
with Command Prompt option.
- If asked to log on as Administrator,
then do so. If you have not set an administrator
password then simply press Enter.
- The Command Prompt should now
- Now type: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
and then press Enter.
- The System Restore Wizard should now open and
you can select a suitable restore point.