111. How Do I Repair A Missing Notification
Area In Windows XP Professional
This tweak works only with Windows XP Professional. To make the
notification area re-appear you need to use
GPEDIT which is only available in Windows XP Professional.
Before proceeding it is wise to create a System
- Click Start.
- From Start menu click Run.
- In the Run dialogue box type:
gpedit.msc and click Ok.
- The Group Policy editor will now open.
- In the left hand pane look
for User Configuration and then
expand the Administrative templates section.
- Now click on the Start Menu and
- Now scroll down the list of items in the right
- Look for the 'hide notification area'
option, right click on it
and then Click properties.
- In the properties window
place a tick next to the
'not configured' option (if there is
already a tick by this option and your notification
tray is still not visible, then click the option
marked disabled) Press OK to exit.
- Now look for the 'remove clock from
system notification area' option and do
exactly the same with that. Mark it as not
- Again click OK to exit.
- Now exit group policy and restart your pc.
- KEEP EVERYTHING CROSSED and
hopefully your notification area will return.