01. How Do I Remove NTFS File System
If your hard drive is formatted in
NTFS and you need to reformat the drive to use
either FAT or FAT32 all you need to do is insert
Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM, reboot your
system and follow the instructions below:
- After restarting
your PC the Windows Setup will begin.
- At the Welcome to Setup screen press F10.
- Pressing F10 opens the Recovery Console.
This is a DOS based screen so you need to first
specify the operating system location, i.e. C:
Drive and then log in as using your
- After logging in type map and then press
- Highlight the drive you want to reformat.
Drive letters may differ in recovery console to
those in Windows XP.
- Type: format x: /fs:fat32
(Substitute the 'x' for the drive letter you
wish to reformat) and then press Enter.
- Confirm your choice by typing Y and
then pressing Enter.
- Once the hard drive has finished formatting
type Exit and then press Enter to restart your