76. How Do I Remove An Invalid Boot Path
From The Boot.ini File
If you have created a dual boot system and then
decide to go back to a single boot, you may find
that, even though you have removed the second boot
partition, that when you boot your machine you are
presented with a menu asking you to choose which
operating system to boot to. In order to remove the
second (or removed) entry in the boot.ini file,
proceed as follows:
- Click the Start button.
- On the Start Menu click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type: msconfig
- The System configuration utility window will
- Click the Boot ini Tab.
- In the boot ini tab, click the button marked
Check all boot paths.
- The system will check the boot paths and
remove any invalid ones.
- Finally Close the System
- You will need to restart
your pc for the changes to take effect.