126. How Do I Prevent Standby Asking For A
For security reasons, when your PC comes out of Standby you are
asked for a Password. This isn't always an
inconvenience, but some people may think so.
However, there is an easy way of removing the option
for Standby to ask for a password and, instead,
allow you to boot directly to the desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- On the Start Menu, Click
- In the Control Panel Window, Click the
Power Options icon.
- In Power Options, Click the
- In the Power Options Advanced
tab window, Remove the check mark from the box marked
'Prompt for password when computer resumes from
- Finally, Click the OK button.