107. How Do I Make The All Program Menu
We are all addicts for free software and, in many
cases, can't resist installing the latest
applications on our pc's. This inevitably bloats the
All programs menu so that you are in a situation as
when you open All programs two, three or maybe four
columns roll out to the right of the screen filled
with applications. This is fine if you have a
monitor with an already high resolution display. But
what happens if you have visual problems and you
rely upon the standard 800 x 600 screen resolution?
The simple answer is that the list of applications
disappears from view and you are unable to see what
is on the All
Program list because it is covered by the
taskbar or has disappeared off screen. So what is
the answer? Simple enable the All programs list to
scroll instead of slide.
- Right click on a vacant spot on
- From the drop down menu select properties.
- In the properties window click on the
- In the Start menu tab click
the Customize button.
- When the Customize window
appears click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down the list of items
in the Start Menu Items list.
- Towards the bottom and right underneath the
Run Command you will see an option
called Scroll programs.
- Place a Tick in the box to
the left of this option.
- Next press OK.
- In the next windows press the Apply
button followed by OK to
close the properties window.
- Now click the Start button
followed by All programs.
- Your applications should now appear in one
long list with a scroll button at the bottom of the