16. How Do I Install Recovery Console
Recovery Console helps you get out of trouble
when things go wrong with your PC and you are unable
to boot to Safe Mode. By following the instruction
below you will install Recovery Console onto your PC
thus making it available from the boot menu.
- Insert your XP CD into
- Click the Start Button.
- Next click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type:
d:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdconsWhere 'd'
is the drive letter of your CD-ROM.
- A setup dialog box appears giving a
description of Recovery Console
- You need to confirm that you want to install
Recovery Console so click Yes.
- Recovery Console will now start to install.
- After installation has completed restart
- A menu should now appear giving you the
option to boot into Windows XP or Recovery