26. How Do I Hide Icons In The Notification
The notification area at the bottom right of your
screen can become quite cluttered, especially if you
have numerous applications loading at start up. Ok,
if the application's icon is not used regularly and
becomes inactive it will actually hide itself.
However what can you do if you don't want a
particular icon to be visible in the notification
area. Simple, you hide the icon. Here's how it's
- Right click on a vacant area of the Task Bar.
- From the drop down menu select Properties.
- The taskbar and startup menu
properties window will open.
- On the Task Bar tab click the Customise button situated at the bottom of
- The Customise Notification
- From the presented list select the icon you
wish to hide by highlighting it.
- Once highlighted a box appears on the right
with the option 'Hide when Inactive'.
- Click the arrow button on the
right of this option box.
- From the drop down menu select the Always Hide option.
- Click OK.
11/ In the next window click Apply.
12/ Finally click OK to Exit.