102. How Do I Get Messenger To Ask For A
Password When The Log Me In Automatically Has
The Windows/MSN Messenger sign in windows gives
you the option of either signing in every time you
log on or else allowing Messenger/MSN to sign in
automatically by storing your password on your
system. Automatically signing in is sometimes an
advantage but, at other times, it can mean that
anyone that has access to your pc can log on to messenger/msn
without your permission. If you have inadvertently
ticked the Log Me In Automatically check box and you
now have decided that you don't want to use this
option, here is how you reverse the process.
- Click the Start button.
- From the Start Menu click Run.
- In the Run dialogue box type: Regedit.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- In the Right Hand Pane look
for the MSNState option.
- The REG_BINARY value should
be: 01 00 00 00
- Right click on the MSNState
option and select Modify.
- In the Modify dialogue box
change the figure to: 00 00 00 00
- Close the Registry window.
- Finally Restart Windows Messenger.