20. How Do I Enable XP To Accept All Cookies
Sometimes you may find that you are unable to
access a particular web site. This may be because
the web site in question is unable to install a
'cookie' (a small file which holds information on
what pages you open on a particular web site) onto
This is usually due to the fact that your
internet privacy option is set to a standard that
prevents this particular site from installing a
cookie. To get round this you may need to adjust
your 'cookie' privacy to allow this particular site
to be viewed. If so proceed as follows.
Remember, if you don't want to keep your privacy
option this low, you can always change it back to
it's original setting after you have view the site
that has requested cookie access. Simply reverse the
process described here and set the privacy to
- Click Start button.
- On the Start menu click, Control
- In the Control Panel Window click the
Internet Options icon.
- When the internet properties window opens
click the Privacy tab.
- You will see a slider in this window.
- Pull the slider right down
to the very bottom.
- You should now see the legend
'Accept All Cookies'.
- Click Apply.
- Now click Ok to exit.