09. How Do I Disable Error Reporting
Error reporting is particularly
useful for sending details of faults etc., to
Microsoft. However, because most users never get any
feedback from these 'bug' reports many users never
bother to send an error report. If you are one of
these people then it is far more convenient to have
the option disabled. To disable error reporting
proceed as follows:
- Click the Start button.
- Next click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type: msconfig
- The System Configuration Utility
will now open.
- Click the Services tab.
- Remove the check mark next to
the option Error Reporting Service.
- 7/ Click OK.
- The alterations will not take effect until you
have restarted you PC.