32. How Do I Create A Password Reset Disk
Password protecting Windows XP is fine until you forget the
password. Result? You are unable to log on to your PC. For this reason it is
imperative that you create a password reset disk. Here is how you do it.
- Click the Start button.
- From the Start Menu click Control
- When the Control Panel window opens click on
the User Accounts Icon.
- 4/ Next click on your Account Name.
- The What do you want to change about
your Account window will open.
- In the Left Hand Pane of the
window you will see a section marked 'Related Tasks'.
- Click on the Option, Prevent a forgotten password.
- The Forgotten Password Wizard
will now guide you through the procedure to create a
password reset disk.