49. How Do I Create A Desktop Shortcut To
The Windows Disk Defragmenter
Rather than using the programs menu to start the
Windows Disk Defragmenter a quick and easy way is to
put an icon on the desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Now click All programs
followed by Accessories.
- From the Accessories drop
down menu select System Tools.
- From the System Tools drop
down menu Right Click on Disk
- As you Right Click another
drop down menu will appear. From this menu
choose Create Shortcut.
- You should now see that another entry marked
Disk defragmenter 2 has appeared on the
drop down menu.
- Right click on this
second entry and, from the drop down
menu, select Cut.
- Now Right Click on any
vacant area of your desktop
and, from the drop down menu, select
- The shortcut should now be pasted to your
- You now have one icon access to the Windows