87. How Do I Correct A Time Error In Windows
There are occasions when the Windows XP Time goes
a little haywire. One minute the time is spot on,
and the next the time has advanced or decreased by
minutes or even hours. If manually adjusting the
time via the Date and Time option in Control Panel
is unsuccessful you may need to un-register the
Windows time module and then re-register it. To do
this proceed as follows.
- Click the Start button.
- From the Start menu select: All
- in the Command Prompt
window type: net stop w32time
and press Enter.
- Next type: w32tm /unregister
and hit Enter again
- Now type: w32tm /register
and again hit Enter.
- Now type: net start w32time
and hit Enter again.
- Finally close the Command