53. How Do I Change The Registered Owner
Name In Windows XP
Sometimes when you purchase a PC that comes with
XP pre-installed the actually copy of XP (usually on
OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) copy) may be
registered to the company that build the PC. To
change the registration details do the following.
Before proceeding to edit the Registry be sure to
make a backup copy. This can be achieved by using a
third party freeware application called ERUNT.
- Click the Start Button.
- From the Start menu click Run.
- In the Run dialog box type: regedit.
- The Registry editor will now open.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current
- Once you have reached the Current
Version key take a look in the Right Hand
Pane and look for 'Registered Owner'.
- Right click the Registered Owner
key to edit it.
- To edit the key Right click the entry and
- At the same time you might also like to change
the Registered organization. This option is situated
just above the registered owner option.
- To edit the key Right Click the entry and select