95. How Do I Bypass The Windows Log On
When you install the Windows .NET framework it
can be a shock when you next boot up your machine to
find that you are presented with a log in screen
that requires a password before you can enter your
system. To bypass this screen and return to the
normal boot mode do the following.
To bypass the windows log on screen do the
- Click the Start button.
- On the Start menu click Run.
- In the Run dialogue box type control
userpasswords2 and press
- The User Account properties window will now
- Remove the check mark
from the ‘users must enter a user name
and password to use this computer’
- Click Apply.
- A new window will now appear.
- In this Window enter the Name
and Password you wish to be
used to automatically log on to your pc.
- Once you have entered the details click
OK to exit the new user name
and password dialogue window and then
click OK on the User
- Now go to Control Panel and
click on the User Accounts
- In the user Accounts properties window click the Change the way
Users Log on or off option.
- Uncheck the following two
1. Use the Welcome Screen.
2. Use fast User switching.
- Finally click the Apply Options
button and then close down the
User Account window.