123. How Do I Add An Item To The Send To
If you store files in a frequently used folder
why not create a shortcut to this folder and add it
to the Send To menu, so the shortcut is available
from the right mouse click menu.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- As the Send To folder is a
hidden folder you will need to
'unhide' it. To do this click the Tools option on the main toolbar and, from
the drop down menu, click Folder Options.
In the Folder options window click
View tab. Next click the
radio button next to the 'show
hidden files and folders' option and then
- From the Windows Explorer menu click the
Plus sign (+) next to My Computer.
- Next click the Plus sign (+)
next to the C: drive.
- From the expanded menu that appears, click on
the Documents and Settings Folder.
- Next click on the folder for the User
you want to add the shortcut for.
- Now click the Send To Folder.
- In the Send To Folder, click
File on the main toolbar and select New.
- From the menu that appears click the Shortcut option and follow the instructions
for creating a shortcut.
- After you have completed the task, the next
time you right click on a file and click Send To the
shortcut you created will be available.