100. How Do I Re-Instate The Empty Temporary
Internet File Folder When My Browser Closes
Option When It Is Missing From The Advanced Tab
Of Internet Explorer
In some cases you may find that when checking the
advanced tab in the Internet options window the
'Empty temporary internet files folder when browser
closes.' option is not available. This is due to a
registry problem and can be remedied in two ways:
- Click the Start button.
- From the Start menu click Run.
- In the Run dialogue box type:
regsvr32 /n /i inetcpl.cpl
- Press OK.
- If this doesn't work then proceed to method
- Visit the following site
and download the Cache.reg
- Once the file has been saved to your desktop
double click the file.
- A message will appear asking you if you want
to make the registry alteration.
- Click OK.
- The details of the cache.reg
file will be added to the registry.
- Now go to Control panel,
click on Internet option and
then click the Advanced tab.
- The Empty Temporary Internet Files
folder when browser closes option
should now be available.